Fire Escape Inspections & Repairs
We inspect and repair most types of residential and commercial fire escapes. Call us to schedule an appointment.
For more than 15 years Bay Area Chimney has been accessing roofs by walking on fire escapes. We often find fire escape in serious disrepair. We now offer complete fire escape inspection and repair services including necessary welding and ironwork.
There is a lot you can do to improve the functionality and safety of your fire escape. We've listed a few of them below. Also, a regular inspection and maintenance will help to ensure you're up to code and have a fire escape that will operate correctly in a real emergency.
Here are some common corrections to make any fire escape system safer:
- Seal all major connections for rust prevention by using silicone or similar material on the fire escape.
- Remove all rust by scraping, then paint or replace metal depending on severity of condition.
- Reinforce any connections to building as deemed necessary for structural safety.
- Remove and replace any bolts that are in disrepair on the fire escape.
- Paint all stairs and rails to prevent rusting on the fire escape.
- Repair or replace cable for safe operation of the fire escape's drop ladder.
We service all types of fire escape systems, including:
- Accordion scissor fire escape
- Counter balance fire escape
- Diagonal Accordion scissor fire escape
- Pole ladder fire escape
- Slider fire escape
In addition to chimney sweeping, Bay Area Chimney specializes in the following services:
- Chimney Sweeping Services (of course!)
- Rain Gutter Cleaning
- Air Duct and Dryer Vent Maintenance & Repair
- Attic Cleaning